A step up from the classic whiskey ginger, the whiskey gingersnap uses cookie dough whiskey to make this cocktail taste like a gingersnap cookie! With strong notes of spicy ginger and sweet cookie dough, this is a cookie-inspired cocktail perfect for the holidays. Serve with a wedge of lime for extra brightness, or with a gingersnap cookie for a little extra sweetness!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for helping to support The Floral Apron!
Ingredients for Whiskey Ginger Snap Cocktail
A step up from the classic whiskey ginger, the whiskey gingersnap is made from three ingredients:
- Cookie dough whiskey. The key ingredient that changes this cocktail from a whiskey ginger to a whiskey gingersnap is the type of whiskey! Cookie dough whiskey is sweet with strong notes of cookie dough and vanilla.
- Ginger beer. Ginger beer has a stronger flavor than ginger ale, which gives it a perfectly gingery spice, just like a gingersnap! I love Bundaberg’s ginger beer, but you’re welcome to use your favorite.
- Lime. A squeeze of lime juice adds a nice touch of acidity to brighten the drink and cut through some of the sweetness.
How to Make a Whiskey Gingersnap
Making a whiskey ginger snap cocktail could hardly be easier: Add ice to a lowball or rocks glass, then measure two ounces of cookie dough whiskey into a jigger. Pour the cookie dough whiskey over the ice, top with ginger beer, and finish with a squeeze of lime.
Depending on how strong you like your drinks, you may use less whiskey and more ginger beer to top off the glass.
How to Garnish a Whiskey Gingersnap
A whiskey ginger pairs deliciously with lime, and a whiskey gingersnap is no different. If you have gingersnap cookies on hand, you can top each glass with a cookie. If not, a simple lime wedge garnish works just as well.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Dish Cleanup: Piece of Cake
I rate my recipe cleanups on a scale of 1 to 5. 1 is only a handful of dishes, and 5 is everything including the kitchen sink.
This whiskey ginger cocktail recipe has a cleanup rating of a 1. There’s a jigger, two glasses, a knife, and maybe a cutting board. You won’t have many dishes to do at all for this recipe, so you can get back to spending time with your loved ones more quickly!
Whiskey Ginger Snap Cocktail Recipe
- 2 ounces cookie dough whiskey
- 6 ounces ginger beer
- 1-2 lime wedges
- Fill a lowball glass halfway full with ice.
- Add cookie dough whiskey and ginger beer, then squeeze a lime wedge over the drink.
- Stir to combine, garnish with another lime wedge, and enjoy!
I use a 12.7-oz bottle of ginger beer and split it between two cocktails.
Adjust the amount of cookie dough whiskey and ginger beer to taste: For a less strong drink, add more ginger beer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 26gProtein: 1g
The nutrition facts are estimated and may vary based on specific ingredients used.
Thanks for trying out my whiskey gingersnap cocktail recipe! Please consider rating this recipe so others find it, too.
I’d love to see how your recipe turns out: Take a photo and tag me on Instagram @floralapronblog to share with me, or use the hashtag #floralapronbakes.